Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Moment: Remembering Goodness, Love, and Faithfulness

For the LORD is good;
His steadfast love endures forever,
and His faithfulness to all generations.
-Psalm 100:5


It's not that we don't know. It's just that we forget. We get busy. Or discouraged. Or tired. We get dragged down by bills. By regrets. By loss. And some days, we just forget. We forget that the Lord is good. That His love is steadfast and endures.

And it does. We know that. It's just that we're foolish sometimes... or ungrateful other times... and we forget. We forget to look at our lives through the promise that God is good. That life can't change His goodness or His love or His faithfulness.

Maybe life's easy right now. Maybe it's not. Maybe you feel God's love and His hand in your life. Maybe you don't. Here's the thing: our feelings and circumstances... these hats we're wearing now... are temporary. They won't hang about forever. But God will. Along with His goodness and faithfulness and love, God will.

Remember that. Remember it today. Don't let life deplete or rob you of the hope and promise that's yours through Christ. The Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.

Monday Moment is a little devotional to help kick-start your week. See you again next time!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brin....wonderful words of encouragement to start the week.
Hugs,
Debbie

Runner Girl said...

Amen and Amen!

Anonymous said...

Brin, I think Freeman House is your prayer closet...how could it not be. Lovely...just lovely.
Happy Monday.

Vee said...

I love Monday Moments! Love them! When is it coming out in book form?

Jenny said...

Thank you for the reminder, Brin.

That picture has to be the absolute best yet of Miss Milie!

tara said...

thanks for this. I needed it today. more like it's a good reminder every second minute hour day week month year... if only I could write this truth down on my heart in permanent ink. I guess only God deals in permanent ink.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for reminding me! Twyla

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you doing Monday Moment again, I've missed it! I agree with anonymous who said Freeman House is your prayer closet, the words you speak are so true! Hugs!!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I love your Monday moments.

Harbor Hon said...

You just knew I needed that more than anyone could guess. You inspire me, Brin, and I thank the dear Lord that I found your site. Thanks for bringing me back to me.

Carolyn xxoo

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement this Monday! Blessings, Heather (Ontario, Canada)

Anonymous said...

Brin,
Somehow I stumbled upon your blog awhile back and am now a regular reader. Your Monday Moment must have been meant for me today as I lost my job on Friday am a little down to say the least. My faith is strong but sometimes my patience is weak. Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Beautiful MM Brin :)...how could anyone not love Monday's when Millie is around :).

Linda Z said...

Thanks for the reminder. He is so very faithful... when we remember that and celebrate it, it makes getting through the difficult times so much more peaceful and puposeful.

Millie is so cute. :)

Terri Steffes said...

Love the photo of the little puppy... we had to put our dog down last Tuesday. There is a picture of her on my blog. Your encouraging words were very helpful!

Deb said...

Monday Moments & precious little Millie - just perfect! Thank you Brin.

Anonymous said...

well its Tuesday.... and I needed this... thanks xo

Pudgeduck said...

BRIN- ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE ONLY IN YOUR 20's? You are a "old soul"- way beyond your years! Blessings!