Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Fourth!

Patriotism is not
short, frenzied outbursts of emotion,
but the tranquil and steady
dedication of a lifetime.
Adlai E. Stevenson


I'm all packed and ready to celebrate another year of independence. But before I go, my thanks go out today to all the people who've loved liberty more than life. Who've placed country above comfort and patriotism above pride. I find solace in the freedom so many have fought and died to establish and protect. I'm thankful to be a citizen of this great land that I love.

May God forgive, heal, and bless our America.

Wishing you a safe and magical Independence Day with someone you love. -Brin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love the 4th-it's my favorite holiday and I too appreciate those who've sacrified more than I ever would dream of for our freedom.

The best fireworks show I ever saw was with you that time I came to
visit.

Hope you have a Happy Fourth:)
-A

Anonymous said...

my hubby is former mititary and I very much appreciate that you would take time from your busy day to say those sweet words.thank you and have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

I hear it's raining in Texas but does that mean it's raining where you are?? Wishing you a great day on your picnic whatever the weather. We just celebrated Canada day on July 1st... and had a most wonderful day, beautiful weather and all.
So proud of my country and love living where I do! Isn't that wonderful that we can have that, Brin??

Anonymous said...

Hey...where is everybody today?!? Anyway, I did just what you said to do today, be with someone I love. Well, not only was I with my friend and husband, I got to spend time with some fun, family and friend girls like Kimberly, Wendy, Jodie and Gina eating, shopping and laughing! Hope your day is terrific Miss Brin.

Unknown said...

AMEN !!! You said it just perfectly, I feel the same way! Hugs!!