Friday, July 27, 2007

Glamour, A Feature, and A Weekend Away

I'm just not very good at glamour...
It doesn't come easily to me.
-Elize Du Toit


It doesn't come so easily to me, either - glamour. Sometimes I think that perhaps I should work on my glamour factor... you know, try being high maintenance and spend an inordinate amount of cash at a MAC counter or on a haircut. Whatever. Every time I hand over a dollar - even for the Visine Redness Relief eye drops I bought yesterday - I think, this would buy a box of screws for Freeman House. I'm hopeless. About as glamorous as I get is painting my toenails Ballet Slipper Pink and serving home-brewed espresso with my handmade cloth napkins. If you're looking for glamour, people, don't come to Freeman House.

That's one reason, I suppose, that I was surprised to read that my little blog here had been selected to be featured as one of DelightfulBlogs' Stylish Living blogs. What?! Me? STYLISH Living? The girl who can't mow in a straight line? The girl who hangs pictures (crookedly, I might add) by standing a ladder on the bed? The girl who, when her clawfoot tub curtain surround comes crashing down because she didn't install it properly, sinks to the floor and cries, "Help me, Oprah! Help me, Tom Cruise!!!" before dissolving into a fit of tears? Wow. They must be looking to scale down their stylish/glamour factor, huh?

I popped over to their website late last night - DelightfulBlogs, that is - and immediately noticed Cote De Texas. One look at her current post had me drooling. I may not be much of a glamour girl, but the pictures she found in Traditional Homes had me written all over them. The first picture, with a few modifications, of course, is my dream sitting room. And the room above is the exact look I'm going for in a girl's guest room. (Although my version will likely feature crooked pictures and different-colored homemade curtains. But you get the idea.)

Yep, it all got me thinking about glamour and my sad glamour factor since becoming a country girl. It's a good thing I'm headed off to the city this weekend. It's always good to see the bright lights and bustling freeways and pretty, pretty furniture, dishes and clothes.


Maybe I'll even go to Anthropologie and buy a new dress while I'm in the city. Of course, I don't think you can line-dry these. So we all know I'll just drool over these dresses and be on my way....

Fun times, I'm sure!

Ah, another weekend. Came quickly, didn't it? Thanks for hanging in here with me this week. From the depths of my unglamorous Freeman House, I wish you a lovely weekend. A lovely, restful, and glamorous weekend. -Brin

7 comments:

Ann said...

I love Anthropologie! Their clothes are so cute, but not cheap. :( I usually just like to browse at their stuff. I think you're quite glamorous - everyone has their own style and yours just happens to be "country glamour"! Have a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the mention in Delightful Blogs, you should of won a long time ago!!! I agree with Ann, you are the QUEEN of country glamour!! lol

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine Freeman House to be unglamorous(is that a word?) from what I've seen I am impressed with your home! Love your style of glamour. Have a wonderful weekend in the city, Brin. Happy shopping!

Brigitta said...

congrats sweetie, you deserve it!!! and I totally love that sofa on the top picture!!!

BellaColle said...

You are soo glamarous so just shush! Hmm, seems to me I have seen a pretty glamarous bedroom in previous posts! I can see where you are coming from... You always give the glory to God! That's the way it should be..You home is beautiful and so are you! Have a great weekend!

cotedetexas said...

aha-ha-ha
I just read your post about moi! Merci!!! So cute, really, thank you a lot! Come visit any time, I'm going to put as a favorite link. I love your blog. Enjoyed reading the whole thing the other night.

Joni

FurnitureFromHome said...

You are as glamorous as they come! Style is in the eye of the happy home owner :)