Friday, November 16, 2007

*Snow* and Warm, Comfort Things

There's *snow* in the forecast for the next several days. Snow! Texas gals don't see much of the wet stuff, so a weather report containing any mention of the word snow is cause for considerable excitement. Of course, since I'm planning to abandon ship and return home to Freeman House for Thanksgiving... and a subsequent hot chocolate bar with tree trimming!... I'm snow nervous.

I'm planning the menu today for the Freeman House Thanksgiving Bash a week from Saturday. I sent several invitations, knowing that folks and friends are usually occupied with traveling and family and would not likely make it. Boy, was I wrong! I broke down and called the local meat man yesterday and ordered a bone-in ham that will feed 28 people. Something like that. I have another turkey breast on back, smoke-order, too. What fun! Freeman House alive once again with music and candles and food and friends. It warms my heart and makes me giddy. Can't wait.

Until then, I'm staying warm and cozy with heaping helpings of Chicken Tikka Masala, a recipe I got back when Alicia was jonesin' for Indian food. Wow. Good and good for you. (Recipe note: I make it with lime juice, having a strong aversion to anything lemon. But that's me. I'm sure it's cozy and delicious either way.)

Hmm. Love this time of year!

Wishing you all a tidy weekend of comfort and warm things. -Brin

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..your Thanksgiving get together sounds fun...you wouldn't mind one more joining you, would you??
There is something wonderful about being warm and cozy inside while the snow flies outside!
It will be good to be back in your house for a bit, right?

Vee said...

Thinking about your spending Thanksgiving at Freeman House makes me feel warm and happy myself. Isn't it lovely to be making such happy plans?

Anonymous said...

Brin, glad you are taking my advise and going home. Home is where the heart is and the heart cannot do anything out of the body. So mosey your bode back to Texas and get back to teaching all of us how to get our spirit back in shape. You do a good job at that. Nell

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Brin, you southern bell! there's no need to be afraid of snow, just slow down and enjoy it, catch snow flakes on your tongue :).

I am so pleased you are heading home for Thanksgiving, I will be praying for your safe return. I look forward to seeing and hearing all about your wonderful days in Freeman House!

You've put a huge smile on my face this morning, people are going to wonder what I'm up to :-)

Blessings to you dear friend.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

PS... your chicken looks marvelous! mmmmm

Unknown said...

I hope you get to enjoy the snow before you head home, I too get a little nervous about snow, just the traveling part. So happy to hear Freeman House will be alive with the sights and sounds of your thrilling life! I love this time of the year, esp. all the planning, decorating and cooking! Drive safe and happy!

Jan said...

Don't be afraid of snow...embrace it!
I am now, by the way, going to have to fix that chicken recipe for dinner tonight! : )

Jan

That Girl said...

Wow--GMTA! I have CTM in my fridge right now, saved from last night's take out. Thanks for this CTM recipe. For the past couple of months, I have been on a major CTM kick, getting it for take out about once a week! :-) What can I say...with fresh, warm Naan, it's good for about 3 meals! However, my wallet could use a break. I look forward to trying this recipe in my own abode.
Blessings...

Aunt Ruthie said...

What a wonderful warm and cozy post! Have a delicious Thanksgiving with your loved ones!
Stay safe. Be blessed!
Ruthann
Warm Pie, Happy Home