Monday, November 10, 2008

Relenting, Or One Word Answers

I've been tagged numerous times to finish Country Girl/City Girls' one word meme. Y'all know me; I never do the usual blog things... awards, memes, tags, etc. I dislike them tremendously. But I read Alicia's and hers was fun, so I relented. Just this once. Seriously... just this once. [Grin]

Where is your mobile phone? Bathroom
Your hair colour? Chestnut
Your mother? Sings
Your father? Drums
Your favourite thing? Books
Your dream last night? Tragic
Your dream goal? Author
The room you're in? Dusty
Your hobby (hobbies)? Countless
Your fear? Bankruptcy
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Heaven
Where were you last night? Bed


What you're not? Typical
One of your wish-list items? Dishwasher
Where you grew up? Farm
The last thing you did? Weed


What are you wearing? (Brother's) Sweatshirt
Your TV? Muted
Your pet? Ah... sleeping!
Your computer? Slow
Your mood? Contemplative
Missing someone? Everyday
Your car? TrailRated
Something you're not wearing? FalseTeeth
Favourite shop? Anthropologie
Your summer? Broiling
Love someone? Hopelessly
Your favourite colour? Moss
When is the last time you laughed? Morning
When is the last time you cried? Thursday

11 comments:

Vee said...

Ahhhh, very telling these one-word responses. Let us pray for better days ahead...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing it with us Brin, and your dream has come true, you are a very talented author, in print, right here! Now, I know it doesn't pay the bills, but it does bring joy, hope, and inspiration to many just like any good book would! Hugs!

Terri Steffes said...

Adorable! I understand your dislike for these things... but I will say it was fun to see your take on it!

Patsy from Illinois said...

Brin,
What color did you use to paint the bedroom in the pic? I love it! Do you mind if I steal it?

Amy said...

cute~

Anonymous said...

I like the "false teeth" response!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Wonderful responses, Brin, and Sue is correct... you are a talented author! I'm praying for you to have better days, too. :-)

The last day I cried was today. I find myself fighting back tears a lot lately when thinking that this will be the first Christmas in 15 years without our two little dog buddies. It's been sudden, even though illness took its toll, but their loss has given me time to reflect about how I should be spending my time and how people in nursing homes need my company as much as I feel I need my dogs. So that is one instance how the Lord took something and turned it for good! The elderly need so little from us and give so much in return!

Have a great week!

Sheila... who tried to email Freeman House!

Brin said...

Thanks, y'all. You're all too kind!

Patsy - the bedroom paint color is "Sea Oat" by Martha Stewart. They used to carry her paint at Sherwin Williams but I think Lowe's carries her colors now...

Shelia - I got your email(s) and pictures... just haven't had time yet to respond. Hopefully tonight I'll shoot you one back!

:D

The rest of you, consider yourself tagged! -Brin

Linnee said...

I did this... or something similar... awhile back.

And... by the way... have you ever considered using your photography skills to help pay the bills? What about publishing a "Freeman House Calendar?" Your readers LOVE your photos... so I'm sure you'd get a big response to a calendar. Just a thought. :)

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hi Brin....I just need to tell you that you are stunning. Beautiful. Intelligent. Creative. Courageous. Gracious. Honest. Strong. Brave. Remarkable. Unforgetable. Your talents amaze me as well as your gumption. Yes you have gumption, grit and grace. Three things I want to have when I grow up. I have no doubt that the Lord will give you the desires of your heart, No doubt whatsoever. You are a pioneer woman with a can-do attitude. You have a vision and you are capable. You are an amazing writer. Amazing. I love reading what you write. I mean it. You have an enchanting way with words. Your perspective on things is so refreshing. So fresh. So striking. So filled with wit and wisdom. I guess that is what astounds me....you are so young and yet you have such wisdom. What a treasure you have inside you.

May God bless you in wonderful ways in the coming months. Thank you for sharing your honest-to-goodness-filled-with-sweetness life with us through your facinating blog. I just thought you would like to know how your heart has touched mine.
Warmest Regards,
Ruthann
Warm Pie, Happy Home

JL said...

Heaven in 6 years?