Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Believe...

I believe hot chocolate should come with whipped cream. And sprinkles. I believe jeans go with everything. I believe baths were made for bubbles, horses were made for girls and spoons were made for licking. I believe Christmas is magical.

I believe in love. I believe God is love. I believe God loves you and God loves me and God loves puppies, too.

I believe in line-dried sheets and fireplaces and wooden floors and candles that flicker. I believe in Grandmas and chicken 'n dumplings and old hymns.

And I am fairly certain that given a nice cape and a few cookies, I can change the world.

I'm out for a few days getting henrybellas on line. And developing a recipe for our new Caramel Compassion Cookie, a little sweet that will raise money for children in AIDS impacted regions of east Africa. I'll see you soon. -Brin

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe you're absolutely right - have fun with henrybella's! *hugs* from Tine, DK

scb said...

I am so with you on spoons being made for licking! Good luck with the site...can't wait until it is up and running!

Unknown said...

I believe in you!

Terri Steffes said...

mmmm. Everything you said is spot on.

Betty said...

Have a fun time with your projects in the next few days!

Amy said...

Looks heavenly have fun!

redeemed diva said...

I believe that your cookie idea for Compassion is going to be amazing! I believe that Christmas is magical, too. And I believe you are my favourite blog of all time! Best wishes for a quick and simple process of getting Henribella's online.

Becky K. said...

Yummy!

Becky K.

GirlonTour said...

Wow do you ever sleep! You always seem to be doing something...I love it!

:D

Runner Girl said...

Y-U-M!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I believe you're right, Brin, and I believe that you're doing a wonderful, wonderful thing. My niece just did a fundraiser with her art work for AIDS orphans in Africa. She's about your age. I'm proud of you both.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new cookies! What a great cause.

Wanda said...

I'm a believer too!
Great post.

Beautiful blog you have here.
Yummy stuff!

Julie said...

Well, Miss Brin....
I can hardly wait to see Henrybella's online. I just know that it's going to be so charming.

Just out of curiosity... what color would your cape be? That might even be an idea for a fun "Super cookie" of some sort -- a caricature of you in a cape for the packaging. Children love those kinds of things (their mommy's do, too!)

Many Blessings,
Julie

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You are one of the most inspiring women. Can't wait to see what henrybella's dreams up!

Jessica said...

Your words are so very lovely!

Michelle said...

Hi Brin,

I just discovered your blog! Where have I been? Oh yea...getting my life together. :) I love this post on "I believe". I believe I've found a blog I can be addicted to. :) Nice to meet you. Stop on by my place sometime. Love your cookies.