Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Quiet

It's quiet today. Hushed. I walk over the slanting floors of the crooked hallway in this house and pause a moment to listen to the sound of ceiling blades slicing through the air. ffffwwwmmpp... fffwwwmmpp... fffwwwmmpp. It's the only sound I hear. So quiet.

There's dough rising in the kitchen. There's a pile of floppy quilts that need folding. There's watering to do outside. But right now, I'm just breathing in the quiet....


There's a point where you have to leave the dough alone. It's silly to anthropomorphize bread, but I love the fact that it needs to sit quietly, to retreat from touch and noise and drama, in order to evolve.

I have to admit, I often feel that way myself.
-Jodi Picoult, The Storyteller
Have a wonderful Wednesday. -Brin

1 comment:

Sherry said...

such truth in the quote,
and such beauty in your thoughts.
quietude..