Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Moment: You Should Know...


I know some days it feels like you're just one of the crowd.

As the days come and days go, you're busy blowing this way and bending that.
Just trying to make it through the week.
Trying to stifle the hurt or outlast this illness or pay that bill...
...or not go crazy.

And sometimes you wish... you just wish...
that someone would look you in the eye and see you.
See your life for what you're really going through.
Feel your days like you're feeling them now.
Brave it all with you.

It would be a relief to be noticed.
Focused on.
Heard.
Not that you feel you deserve it, but because you need it.


But perhaps you know. Surely you do:
You are not just one of the crowd.
Not to the One who made you.
As you're blowing and bending, He's supporting and holding.
As you're longing to be seen, He's already watching.
As you're feeling the weight of your days, He's feeling it, too.
(Just think of how heavy they'd be if He weren't there.)
And when you're all out of brave... when you're on your last laugh...
He has one. You can borrow His.

Beautiful you.
You who are special, seen, and appreciated.
Today. Right now.
Not for what you do but for who (Whose) you are.

You’re not alone. You and your cares aren’t forgotten.
And they won’t be.
Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

Just thought you should know.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. -Isaiah 49:15-16

(Pictures taken at and around Freeman House, 2007.)
Monday Moment is a little devotional to help kick start your week. See you again next Monday!

12 comments:

Brambleberry said...

Thank you for the lovely reminder. We are so blessed.

Mrs. G said...

Thank you so much for that reminder. I needed that today! (even though it's not Monday here yet). I have enjoyed reading your blog. Come visit mine if you get a chance!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What a beautiful reminder our Lord is always with us :).

As I sit at my desk cherishing your writings this morning I look out my window and long for spring to arrive. Your pictures are so beautiful Brin, you are very talented in so many ways, thank you for sharing your Monday Moment, the joy of your beautiful pictures warms my heart on such a gloomy Minnesota morning.

Hugs,
Kathi :)

Liz Harrell said...

Reading this made me stop and catch my breath a little. Just last night I was praying so hard about these very feelings. It is uncanny how you do this, shoot straight to the heart of how I'm feeling. Thank you for this, and the scripture at the end. I really needed it.

Betty said...

I love the flowers, a nice 'cheer up' for a Monday morning!
Thank you for the encouraging words, Brin. It is so important to really be there for others, to let them know they are important to us and more so to God.
Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement you are to me.

Anonymous said...

What a Monday Moment! I loved it! And the flowers ... all around Freeman House! The gardens you've created are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing. I miss you.......

Unknown said...

Lovely post, it just added to my spring fever! I miss my gardens, as I know you do too!

Seawashed said...

Beautiful Brin. There is a beautiful song by Misty Edwards from that scripture...it's called "I49" from the 'Eternity' CD. It can be found at www.forerunnermusic.com. My daughter danced to the song 6 yrs. ago when she was 8 yrs. old. Misty is a worship leader at the Int. House of Prayer in Kansas City. Her music really moves my heart. When I read the scripture on your post, I immediatly could hear the song and it made me want to pull it out of my archives and listen to it.

Mama Lisa said...

it's crazy how i don't even know you and yet your words were my day....almost exactly. God works in mysterious ways. thank you.

Deb said...

Brin, I always enjoy your Monday Moments post ~ beautiful writing & pictures of your garden flowers at Freeman House.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Brin,
Love your picture analogy! Great idea and what lovely way to tell others they are loved.

I also saw a picture of your quiche! I've just started making quiches and wonder why I didn't make them before. Is your S & O quiche a special recipe? Do you give it out? :-)

Great blog. I so admire you for leaving the big city and buying your house!

Jillian

Carrie Barron said...

Brin,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. If/when you wonder if you matter or if God is using you, go back to all these comments, especially from your Monday Moments. God is using you to bring reminders and refreshments of Truth to so many.

Blessings,
Carrie