Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where I'm Headed...

It's not where you are today that counts.
It's where you are headed.
-Arthur Lenehan

...and I'm headed home to Freeman House. You know, until Monday anyway. I plan to make a bundt cake and that jam I was talking about. I plan to see friends and take long soaks in the old clawfoot tub and plant garlic and these heirloom roses I ordered over the holiday.

After I'm done with all that, I'm going to knit this gauzy wrap and wander around the house, all clean and ethereal and at peace. (Because that's how days are at Freeman House, and I miss that.) And if you come knocking and I don't answer, it's likely because I'm piled high in my fluffy, iron bed with a book and the remote.

Oh no. It's not where we are right now that counts. It's where we're headed. See you in a few days! -Brin

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome post, Brin. Have fun treating yourself to a lovely weekend. Show us your wrap when it's finished.

BTW, the new china is awesome too!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

You are living in a Nancy Drew mystery and I'm jealous!!!

Have fun and I hope to see you soon!

Love,
grace

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Rejoice Brin!!! Homekeeping hearts are happiest! Stay travels!!

Seawashed said...

Wonderful, wonderful...I'm glad you get to go home for a bit. That delicate wrap you are going to knit is beauty. I can imagine you all snugged in it, floating about Freeman House...bubbles still everwhere. We need to plant our garlic & onions still. I have 'pruning roses' on my 'to do' list this week. My favorite Heirloom rose is called *Castle Glavis* it is a delicate white rose with a soft fragrance. It doesn't last long in a vase but it is so lovely in the garden. I love all things white and this rose is a hidden beauty.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I feel at peace just reading about gauzy wraps, fluffy beds, and bubble baths at Freeman House. Sigh...

Is there an extra bed and bottle of bubble bath for me? I promise to help with the plantings!

Betty said...

Gorgeous gauzy wrap! I could snuggle in that and be cozy.
Happy for you, Brin that you are headed home, no other place quite like it!
Waiting to hear how things are at Freeman House..

Cyndi said...

Brin,
I cannot agree more, I am headed somewhere new also and I am not even leaving the house. Have a safe trip!
Hugs,
C

Vee said...

Revel in your days at home, Brin. You know how to do it so well!