Thursday, April 2, 2015

The God of Spring


The day the Lord created hope
was probably the same day He created Spring.
-Bernard Williams



Spring is so reassuring to me this year. 

Undoubtedly, change is coming to the nations. Big changes are coming to our doorstep. Although I'm not a news reporter anymore, I'm still a news junkie. But it doesn't take a news junkie or an acclaimed economist or an ivy league rocket scientist to tell us that change is in the air for our beloved country.

That's why I'm so grateful God made Spring. It's His reminder that He makes all things new. That He is the God of life.

So let's make our lemon cakes, even in times of turmoil. Let's raise our families and work our jobs and sing our songs and wash our dishes with a steadying hope that the God of Spring is on His throne.

Let the earth rejoice and hope, even still! 

Happy Spring.  -Brin

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Spring, Brin - and happy Easter! Resurrection Day celebration is such a wonderful part of Spring and I'm so glad God gave them both to us. An old song I love to sing says, 'thank God for the promise of Springtime - once again my heart can sing!'
~Adrienne~

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Beautiful Message Brin-- I like that you are sowing seeds of Peace in uneasy times; and seeds of Hope, when the future looks bleak.
If we were all a little better at doing this-- it would spread like wild-fire!
What a message it is!

Unknown said...

And this is why you MUST write a book, you put thoughts in their place and remind us just how simple it is! LOVE this!!!