Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ten Things

1. I'm glad it's August. Having done July well, I'm eager to see "AUGUST" written across the top of the calendar page. Fall, and relief from the 100+ degree heat, is on the way!

2. I'm making homemade frozen pizzas. Why have I never done this before? Anything to save money on the grocery bill.

3. Speaking of pizza... and saving money... has anyone down South planted tomatoes seeds in August to grow a fall crop? I'm going to try it and see what happens.

4. I'm kicking myself for cutting up beautiful fabric to start a new quilt, then changing my mind on the pattern. Dang it! ;)

5. Time off coming this month- from work and from the Prayer Room. I'm busy 6 days a week, 15+ hours a day, so this is exciting stuff!

6. Chickens are laying!! Love these fresh, brown eggs!

7. This is the most gorgeous music. It's on repeat. 

8. I'm wanting to reread The Forgotten Garden. If you haven't sat down with this one yet, you're missing out!

9. I'm itching to redecorate my living room. Since that's not in the budget, maybe new throw pillows and some flowers will do?

10. Ice cream. Wouldn't it be great if the two of us could sit down with a cone and chat for a few? 


Happy August!  -Brin

6 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love your list... Just ten things... but it is what it is! Life.Plain and Simple.

Enjoy August,Brin.

Pat

Christine said...

Thanks so much for the pizza link, great idea! The book sounds really good, put it on my wish list for Amazon. Don't really buy stuff there, but it's good for remembering things I want to find in thrift shops. As far as tomatoes, I live in So Cal and the volunteer tomato from "last" summer over wintered fine. Had home grown in Jan. till now. Give it a try!

Betty said...

You have a great list Brin..I would love to sit and chat with you..oh and the cone would be great too:)

Unknown said...

Great list!!! As for the living room, redecorate with your own goods, many times just moving things around or taken from other rooms makes a big impact! And show us your house!!

BecMama said...

Brin. Each day I see a posting from you in my reader my soul leaps with joy and excitement. I wonder as I move my mouse over to click what Ms. Brin has to share and teach me today. You are beauty and inspiration to my being. The music you shared is beautiful and makes me feel quieter and warmer. I needed that today. Keep rolling my friend!

sister sheri said...

Oh, Brin. I decided to take your advice and visit "the Forgotten Garden." I'm half way through and I just started yesterday. I am smitten. Thank you for such a wonderful recommendation.