Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Announcing the My Messy, Thrilling Life - Homemaker Academy!

Friends. I am so excited to blow the lid off a surprise I've been keeping for several weeks. In fact, I'm so excited that I am half off my seat right now. Have you heard?:

I am launching an online Homemaker Academy in January!


It's called the My Messy, Thrilling Life Homemaker Academy, and it's for anyone who wants to hang out and learn with me-- learn everything from how to make sourdough bread...to how brew your own kombucha...to how to start keeping bees...to how to grow the best tomatoes... to how to knit... to how to make evergreen wreaths... to how to make a quilt... etc. etc. I can't begin to convey how over-the-moon excited I am about it!

See, for years I've heard from you all about things I regularly post... like how to bake or how to knit a certain pattern. Some have questions. Some want help. And I've held in-person classes on several homekeeping-related subjects. But let's be real: if you weren't in Texas or didn't have a lot of time, you probably wouldn't ever be able to make a class.

Until now. Or... er... until January.

It will work like this: you see a course on Homemaker Academy that you're really interested in- say, making your own signature granola. You register for the course, and you go through it when you have time... at your own pace. I'm there when you need me. And together, we'll walk through things, talk options, and stick together as you learn and try new things. And the best part? I (electronically) come to you. You don't even have to leave your house! (Insert happy dance here.)

Details will be forthcoming in December, and then in January, Homemaker Academy will kick off. I can't wait to begin this journey along with y'all. I mean, just think of all the neat things we'll learn and fun things we'll get into!

We'll talk more about it soon. In the meantime, just wanted to hop over and spill the beans. (I was also just too excited to keep it to myself another minute!)

Ahem. So. Let's talk about you now. How are you? ...Hope you're having a great hump day. -Brin

8 comments:

Sue Neitzel said...

Woohoo!! That sounds like fun!!! Never too old to learn! Is there a cost?

Adrienne said...

This is super exciting! Can't wait to hear more. My Wednesday has been a quiet, at-home day - unlike the past several weeks! A little bit of business, some relaxing and dreaming of projects through the next few weeks, thoughts of the holidays and plans for time with grandkids. That's what it's been. Super duper. And so needed!
~Adrienne~

Gail said...

I am excited about your new adventure and what new thing I will learn.

Terri Steffes said...

Definitely intrigued! Can't wait to learn more!

My day has been full of schools and tonight I teach 2 college classes back to back. I am excited about having part of the day off tomorrow, then in the afternoon I am at another school to work. The weekend will be fun!

TannieD said...

Definitely Excited!

Can't wait to hear more

MamaBirdEmma said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear more!

Garden Gertie said...

Oh Brin I am so excited about this. I have been following you for quite some time. Way back at Freeman House. So happy for your life. What happened to your tiny little house? Did you complete it and sell it when you got married? Cant wait to get started on the classes!

Jill D. said...

Can't wait to hear more!